Wednesday 18 May 2011

Recent Sightings

Little chance for birding and blogging recently due to exams (first one tomorrow, Biology), however I have seen a few things whilst out and about, so to list a few:

- after going missing for a week or so the Robins have reappeared in my garden, one bird visiting the nest site occasionally (every hour or so) with food which could mean the male is feeding the female on the nest. Hopefully in the next week or so if they have eggs they should hatch and the adults will start showing more.

- still 1 Chiffchaff singing on my route to school so I'm assuming it hasn't found a mate yet, leaving it too late...

- 3 male Mallards have been hanging around my estate this week, I saw them on my roof on thursday and my mum saw them in the front garden yesterday.

- there has been a singing Whitethroat that I can hear every morning on the railway track behind my garden. I am hoping that in the nice weather we are meant to get this weekend I will be able to get out and take a look along there and also the local patch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment