Wednesday 9 February 2011

Song Thrushes Still

The local area has come alive over the past week with singing birds, and all 4 of the now resident Song Thrushes are still singing their hearts out on my route to school. The bird this side of the railway has taken to sitting in the bushes outside of my house and only sings from about 9 at night till 8 in the morning, so I go to bed with the sound of Song Thrush and wake up to the same, a beautiful song. The other 3 birds are holding strong on Derby Road, by the train station and next to school respectively and hopefully they will all go on to be successfull during the breeding season.

I've also been looking on some maps and mapped out a course of a new local patch for me that takes in lots of different areas in Carleton, Bispham and Poulton which I will walk around during the year and hopefully get to know the local birds. Talking to a friend from the Fylde Bird Club he reckons the area would be good for migrants such as Redstart and Pied Flycatcher in the Spring and Autumn so I will keep an eye out. Hopefully soon I will do the full walk around the patch and I will do a blog post about all the different areas, watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment