Wednesday 27 April 2011

Evening in the Sun

Back into the school routine meaning that my birding time has greatly reduced, so typically more birds have turned up in recent days, 2 Avocets at Freckleton, Lesser Spotted Woodpecker at Lytham Hall, Garden Warblers at Thurnham, Pied Flycatcher at Bispham, etc. Hopefully this weekend I will be having at least 1 full days birding in the Fylde, which if all goes well will add at least 1 new species to my Fylde list and also plenty of yearticks. This evening my dad took me down to Lawson's Wetland to see if the Whinchat from a few days ago had stuck around, which of course it hadn't meaning that I was left to listen to at least 2 Grasshopper Warblers reeling away in the undergrowth, the bird I photographed last week showed well once again in the same place. On the way home we stopped off at Mythop flood where the Garganey pair were still present on the back section of water, and several Swallows zipped over the water but no Swifts arrived back yet, it must be soon?


No comments:

Post a Comment