Tuesday 5 April 2011

Patch the House Sparrow

Last June I noticed that one of the recently fledged female House Sparrows visiting my garden had pure white wing bars and outer tail feathers, a striking bird especially in flight. Since then she has been a regular visitor to my garden and I have nicknamed her patch however until today I have not been able to get a decent photo of her that shows the pattern that gives her her name. Well today she was feeding on some seed under my neighbours feeders and I managed to get a single shot of her with her wings outstretched, showing the pattern of white on the feathers. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be able to get some more photos but for now I hope you can appreciate what a striking and I think beautiful bird this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment