Friday 1 April 2011

Recent Moths

Since my moth trap hasn't arrived yet, due to a whole host of different problems including the van that was transporting it having a crash which damaged the package, my mothing hasn't really taken off yet with just single moths being caught on a few nights recently. However the last 3 moths I have caught have been new ones for me, the top photo is a plume moth Emmelina Monodactyla and the bottom photo a Twenty Plume Moth, both in my opinion very pretty moths. These 2 were caught yesterday evening and this morning I found a Small Quaker resting on my windowsill, although it was too dull to take a photo. These take my life list to 39 species and house list to 33 species, although these lists are going to increase rapidly this year I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment