Sunday 24 April 2011

Typical!

Today I took my first trip of the year out of Lancashire (and only my 3rd out of the Fylde) to go and see my Grandad in Manchester and then go see the Harlem Globetrotters in the evening at the MEN arena. Obviously not much birding was done however a pair of Coal Tit in his garden were a nice surprise and a quick walk around Fletcher Moss in Didsbury produced single Song and Mistle Thrush as well as a female Sparrowhawk briefly. However this excursion out of Lancashire didn't come without a price, as a received a text from Paul Slade saying that a Short Toed Lark had been found at Fleetwood Nature Reserve, the first for the Fylde! It stuck around all evening on site so it's possible that it will still be there in the morning when I will go and take a look, however with a clear night ahead it might decide to carry on migration, here's hoping that it doesn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment