Sunday 9 January 2011

Limited time, Limited sightings

I didn't have much time to get out today because I've got exams in the next 2 weeks so have to revise allot. High tide was around 2pm but I only had the morning which limited where I could go, so I decided to punt at Fleetwood area in the hope that I could locate the waders at Cleveleyes and find the Purple Sandpiper. However the weather had other ideas and it was blowing a gale when I got there and there didn't seem to be any waders at all on the beach :(. A couple of Eiders and a Red Throated Diver offshore made for the only year ticks of the day.

I was hoping to go and see the Great Northern Diver at Fleetwood docks but I don't know how the access works to the site or where to view from so my mum didn't want to give it a try so I headed home quite demoralised which I seem to be feeling allot recently, hopefully the birding will improve in the next week.

2011 Yearlist - 97 species

No comments:

Post a Comment